Medianoche is a Spanish term for a midnight dinner. Filipinos traditionally celebrate with their family and spend the new year together for medianoche. I celebrated the new year with a very delightful gathering with my family. We were catered by 8 Spoons and it was awesome. Everything was literally mouthwatering. Not to mention that the prices of every dish are very reasonable that wouldn’t disappoint you with the taste of their food. The platter comes out with thick microwavable ware so that reheating won’t be that much of a hassle and you can serve it as well with style.
Located @ 21-C Dagot Street , 1106 Quezon City, Philippines | 5422168 / 09228246822 / 09228245579 | firstname.lastname@example.org
On the menu:
1. Herbed Chicken in Cream Sauce (Good for 8 - 650php) - the creamy sauce actually made the chicken much more tasty. One of my favorite dishes.
2. Salmon Crepe (Good for 8 - 650php)
3. Oriental Style Pasta with Chicken and Shiitake Mushrooms (Good for 8 - 450php) - Filipinos usually eat pasta within their gatherings because they believe that it symbolizes a long life.
4. Chicken in Mushroom Gravy (Good for 8 - 600php) -it comes with some mashed potato.
5. Beef Pot Pie (Good for 8 - 700php) - it has different cuts of beef inside along with some vegetables.
6. Grilled Vietnamese Pork Skewers (Good for 8 - 600php) - looks like a typical grilled barbecue but it taste different.
7. Roast Beef in Mushroom Gravy (Good for 8 - 650php) - ahhhh! I’ll be biased with this one because this was my favorite. It’s best dish I had that night. It’s very nice along with the mashed potato. Believe it or not, I ate almost half of the ordered platter.
Let’s all have a fresh start and a clean slate this 2013! Now it’s your turn to tell me. What was your favorite dish in your celebration for the new year?